WeeklyQ: Instagram Direct, F8 Developer Conference
- Facebook Messenger Hits 1.2 Billion Monthly Users, Up from 1B in July – TechCrunch: Now Messenger is working to become more than just the most popular SMS replacement in the Western world.
- Introducing the New Instagram Direct – InstagramBlog: Instagram launches the new Direct to make it fast and easy to turn any conversation into a visual conversation with photos and videos.
- F8 Is Around the Corner – Facebook Developers: F8, the annual developer conference is less than one week away at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
- Instagram Stories Hits 200M Users, Surpassing Snapchat as It Copies Its AR Stickers – TechCrunch: Facebook’s top Snapchat clone Instagram Stories has hit 200 million daily active users, surpassing the last count of 161 million that Snapchat announced alongside its IPO.
- 5 Tips on How to Explain a Business to the Masses with Video – Entrepreneur: One of the easiest ways for businesses to harness the power of video is through animated “explainer” videos.
- 8 Calls to Action that Initiate New Relationships with Customers and Collaborators – Viral content may feed your ego, but it doesn’t necessarily feed your business.
- 5 Ways to Create Content That Breaks Down Trust Barriers – Entrepreneur: Building trust is a long game, and it takes more than a company website with an updated “About” page to build it successfully.
- 3 Best Practices to Nurture a Content Writer Into an Industry Expert – Content Marketing Institute: The nurturing process for content writers has far less to do with helping them become better writers and more to do with teaching them how to learn a new landscape quickly and effectively.
- 4 Video Advertising Hacks Powerful Enough to Change Your Company – Entrepreneur: Capitalize on the web’s fastest growing advertising medium.
- Facebook Is Now Better at Detecting Fake Accounts – Engadget: Facebook has incorporated some technical changes to its website that make it easier to address one of its biggest problems, spam accounts.