Static vs. Dynamic Ads: What’s The Big Friggin’ Difference?
These include the importance of uniformed branding, giving campaigns enough time to collect data so it can be analyzed and optimized, and knowing that 64% of FB users visit the site on a daily basis so it means new ads should be created regularly.
Of the ads you’re putting out there on Facebook you’re looking at the two major types:
Each offer a different set of risks and rewards so let’s go ahead and take a look at what each has to offer for your Facebook advertising:
Facebook estimates a user may be exposed to nearly 1,500 updates (if it were unfiltered) though this number is generally cut to 300 due to likes and other interactions. The following are some of the ways you can ensure your ad/updates are part of that 300:
- Devote time to seasonal content which keeps discussions timely and fun.
- Regional topics are also a must because it keeps the content centralized to groups and also comes across as less obtrusive.
- The static ad is still best for directing individuals to a destination such as a landing page or app so keep this as part of your main arsenal when advertising on the network.
- Adhere to the guidelines (ads cannot be images with more than 20% text)
- People love cute and quirky things (like babies and animals) so go with it.
Having distinguishable features in your dynamic advertising is one of our suggestions for FB advertising best practices. Visualization is the key and there’s no better way to display a brand than through media such as video. Keep these in mind when you make your move to dynamic advertising:
- Work your best on News Feed mobile (install with vide) and Page Post video ads.
- Funny, mischievous, youthful, or clever video is among the most popular things among FB users.
- Test and try different narratives, prompts, and editing techniques (not just to keep things fresh but to track and find which works best).
- Tag people involved with the video or from the brand (like coworkers or close family members) since this can get the initial shares rolling.
Those that will succeed on the Facebook platform are those which create original, timely, native, and properly targeted campaigns. Your choice in static versus dynamic is moot when you’re able to deliver a memorable, engaging experience through your ads and content.
However, if you do not understand the complete process nor do you have the time, energy, and resources to continually produce timely, targeted ads then it’s best to hand it to the professionals. We provide such services. Our years of experience with the Facebook platform (and close connections to FB teams) have allowed us to become leading experts with Facebook advertising. One call to us and you will understand the power of Facebook so go ahead … get in touch.