The Creative Director will have a background in direct response marketing in a digital marketing agency, who has experience building teams and visualizing a growth strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for actively establishing and managing relationships with cross functional partners with the goal of optimizing processes, strengthening relationships, defining budgets and timelines, and overseeing delivery of the creative work. Success in this role is dependent on communication with the Client Services team to innovate, deliver, and delight clients.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Design, staff, lead, and scale our creative team while also driving the direct-to-consumer creative discipline across the agency
- Develop and manage personal growth plans for members of the department
- Implement an organizational structure that allows for 5-10x growth in the creative deliverable production, while implementing best practices and staffing leads in key disciplines.
- Define the creative service offerings for Facebook/Instagram, SnapChat, Tik Tok, Youtube, and emerging channels by determining pricing, deliverables, processes, and profitability.
- Manage and be responsible for the Creative Services department profitability and generate incremental revenue through upsells, add-ons and creative projects.
- Work closely with the client, strategy, and media teams to deliver innovative performance-centric creative ad campaigns that align with the brand strategy through audience-specific messaging and lead to a high conversion rate.
- Leverage data to drive and influence creative decisions
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop synergistic processes.
- Establish and manage creative reporting processes to increase the Creative department’s KPI’s
- Ensure a collaborative work environment for media strategists and creative team members to develop creative assets (Static and video) that fit within brand guidelines while adhering to performance creative best practices.
- Oversee in-house production strategy from inception to completion
- Participate in new business prospects meetings to articulate the value of the service offering and receive buy-in from new clients
- Develop and manage personal growth plans for the department through mentorship and management
- Oversee operations and scheduling for the creative team and vendors to ensure we are meeting deadlines for project deliverables
- Responsible for growing the creative team through the development of a standard interview process that is specific for the creative department
- Create the onboarding processes for all new hires that join the Creative team
- Determine opportunities to use third party vendors and automation systems to improve creative output
- Participate on the company Leadership team as a culture steward
- 3+ years of experience managing end-to-end creative production of static and video assets for a digital marketing agency. This should include: brand discovery and ideation, creative briefs, analytics and client communication.
- 2+ years of experience managing junior designers and video editors. This experience must include 5+ full-time employees from hiring to terminations and performance management.
- 2+ years of experience owning the client relationship in terms of creative deliverables and communication.
- Experience working directly with media buyers at an agency to understand performance data and analytics and determine where to iterate and scale and when to stop production.
- Experience training and mentoring team members to improve their output, pace of delivery, and sense of autonomy when managing client deliverables. This includes training on paid media platform best practices and performance analytics.
- An entrepreneurial/Performance driven mindset
- Strong communication skills and a desire to participate in prospective client pitches and existing client up-sell presentations
- A proven track record to pitch and close new business, and up-sell existing clients on additional services. This included convincing existing clients of the need to make changes to their existing brand guidelines in order to increase revenue through adjusted messaging and performance creative ad formats.
- Meeting goals and managing department priorities through the development of a growth roadmap and by holding employees and vendors accountable to tight deadlines.
- Be a player-coach when needed. Be able to jump-in and do hands-on design when a project needs additional assistance or when one of your team members is unable to fulfill the deliverable needs during times of unexpected circumstances.
- Have existing relationships with talent and vendors which allow for an expedited on-boarding process and for you to jump in and be successful
Our people come first. No jerks. No egos. Just people who like to work hard and enjoy winning as a team.
- Excellent Health Benefits (health, dental, vision, and life insurance)
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Leave
- $300/ year to equip your work space with new equipment
- $30/ month for home internet
- An extremely supportive and fun company culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.